Friday, February 9, 2007

Friends




We all do weird things for our friends. For example, we wake up at 2 a.m. in the middle of North Dakota winter, ride out 40 miles to the nearest "Danger: Moose Crossing" sign and then proceed to take it off with your trusty Swiss knife, all the while contemplating the joys of -40C local temperature, just because your crazy Russian friend has his birthday tomorrow, and you know he appreciates little things like that.

Since I am going to do similar things for my friends here in the wonderful Klein bottle space of blogosphere, and because taking signs off the Internet highway can be dangerous, I decided to take liberty with their names and just plain invent them all over again. Also, I am not going to be consistent with them, since lying is difficult enough without trying to remember exactly what we lied about and when and to whom. So, hello to Mary Shelly, Strom, Big Ktulu, Princess K, Bloodhimir, Amandanmanregge, Gorak, Tsushima, Monacococo, Red Dwarf, Mika the Coyotte, Bukva the Terrible and the rest of the vociferous and highly brain endowed bunch that I am privileged to know and call friends.

3 comments:

LilianHarvey von Quicksilver said...

Oooooo, good to see you writing again :-)
I really loved your mails from Dakota. Actually I still have them all - very hilarious & oooh so very stimulating - you know, I never told you, but your constant babbling about Baricco made me read all of his novels - he was good and so different and sooo...deep?! (hah - he was The Deep One) and THAT' s how I scored the best grade in Modern Ital. Literature - 'cause Baricco was 1 of 3 final exam questions - hahaha - thank you very much)

Nway, tell me: Am I "Monacococo" or "Big Ktulu"?

Olga said...

I'm so happy that you still talking, talking and talking... And that you remember old friend. (Of course I feel young - like always :))

Synchronize Your Dogmas said...

The names have been changed to protect the (mostly) innocent. Also, I don't remember. :)
And to Olga, I shall never forget the whole BJ protection glassess incident. :)