Thursday, May 3, 2007

Addiction hits again

This is my 7th day without EVE...it is getting really really hard...tribbles...nooo...

So I went back to the roots of my space addiction - science! Ever since I was a small kid, I wanted to be a "space scientist". For a very brief period it almost happened - but then I decided to return to Elbonia, and this dream of mine stayed unfulfilled. Still, I try to keep up with news from my favorite field. I understand that technicalities of orbital mechanics are not fun reading for everyone, so I shall just post pictures. :)






Also, fresh from Jupiter! A storm is brewing! Is it yet another yachting championship for Dwellers?


2 comments:

fnord said...

If I am not mistaken, there are some nice open and closed Lissajous curves on the pic :)

Synchronize Your Dogmas said...

If you mean Lissajous curves with a/b ratios of 1 and close to 1, then yes..;)
For math impaired, it is just a series of superimposed orbital paths that Cassini has taken/is going to take. :)