Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Why Cathedral?

Well, one of my reasonably close friends (meaning, reasonable *and* close) is a freelance artist/industrial designer. His works range from designing shampoo bottles to making bronze microcast objects to re-creating historical statues on new-built lakes (as weird as it sounds). The problem that he has is that he very rarely actually gets paid for his work. The last case is, of course, connected to the Cathedral. As long as two years ago, he was preparing a multimedia project for one of Cathedral's outer towers, on order from No.2 guy in our unofficial Church hierarchy (ie, the guy with money who was not an archbishop). The project was pretty huge and promised to bring substantial profit for my friend. Well, he worked pretty hard, and when he completed most of the project documentation, he gave it for review to that same No.2.
Few weeks ago, I was reading a newspaper, and in it was a 2 page article about a new multimedia project planned for the Cathedral, in which my friend's name was conspicuously absent. Not only was it absent, but another name was mentioned as an author, a name of a female architect who is known to be close to the current major of my city. The details of the project were the same as those that I knew about from talking with my friend, so it obviously wasn't some other project ordered parallel with this one.
I asked my friend about this, but he refused to talk about this.
It seems that the complete project was shamelessly stolen by Church, and given to others. I suppose that this is also a way to finance the rebuilding of the Cathedral. :/

2 comments:

fnord said...

Well, it seems that church shows its face in full splendour once again.

Synchronize Your Dogmas said...

Heh, as we all know, they are secretly controled by Gnomes from Zurich. :)